Prairie Wood Solutions Fair
A one-day educational event on wood products and construction.
Prairie Wood Solutions Fair – Registration is NOW OPEN!
To Register Click Here
Host City: Calgary, Alberta
March 23rd, 2017
Learn about wood products and projects from around the world!
EXPERT SPEAKERS/TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Liam Dewar, Director Eurban: Timber for the Masses
- David Lomax, Waugh Thistleton Architects: Largest CLT Structure in the world
- Reid Costly, P.Eng: Use of Mass Wood in Calgary Schools
- Bob Marshall, P.Eng: Smarter Skins & Systems for Sustainable High-Performance Buildings
- Andre Rioux, VP Sales and Development: Sound Insulation of Wood-Framed Buildings
- Rocky Ridge Recreation Centre: The design team will share their collaborative experiences constructing the largest wood roof structure in North America.
- Dr. Ying-Hei Chui, Professor, Structural Engineering , University of Alberta: TBC
THE CANADIAN WOOD COUNCIL:
- Rob Jonkman, P.Eng: Use of the Wall Thermal Design Calculator
- Adam Robertson, M.A.Sc, P.Eng: Sustainability and the use of wood in Climate Change
- 2016-17 North American Wood Design Awards
Please follow the link to see the Prairie Wood Solutions Fair Schedule
Click here for abstract and bio’s
Thank you to our exhibitors and speakers for their invaluable contribution to the Wood Solutions Fair on September 16 at the Edmonton Expo Centre.
Session’s from the 2015 Fair:
September 16, 2015
The following presentation PDFs have been generously provided by the speakers as reference material to support the presentations given at the Wood Solutions Fair. Please respect that the material is copyright protected and do not use for purposes other than the intended use without permission of the presenter to whom the slides and copyright belong. (click on the presentation title to view PDF)