Looking for more one-on-one discussion with the experts?
Need to pull together a presentation for your office team?
Wood WORKS! BC has the technical resources to help you.
Wood WORKS! BC has developed several in-house seminars and has access to resources for many more! Each of these in-house seminars is eligible for 1 hour of continuing education credit. Completion certificates are available upon request.
If you have a specific topic of interest that is not listed below, please contact our technical manager and he will develop and/or tailor a seminar for your firm’s needs.
Available In-House Seminars:
- Wood in the Built Environment by Wood WORKS! BC/Canadian Wood Council
- Specification of Wood by Macdonald & Lawrence
- Properties of Wood by various presenters
- Engineered Wood Products – Residential Applications by Weyerhaeuser, LP Building Products or Boise Cascade
- Sustainability and Wood Products by Peter Moonen, Wood WORKS! BC/Canadian Wood Council
- The Building of the Wood Innovation & Design Centre (WIDC) by Wood WORKS! BC/Canadian Wood Council
- Mass Timber – Engineering Fabrication and Erection by Lucus Epp, StructureCraft Builders Inc.
- Cross Laminated Timber and Glulam by Structurlam
- Vertically Laminated (LVL) Mass Timber Panels by Brisco Manufacturing Ltd.
- Modern Timber Connection Systems by MyTiCon Timber Connectors Inc.
- Heavy Timber Connection Systems for Architects by MyTiCon Timber Connectors Inc.
- Durability by Design by Peter Moonen, Wood WORKS! BC/Canadian Wood Council
- Carbon, Construction and COP 21 – Guideline Positioning Wood in the Post COP 21 Era to Address Global Climate Change by Peter Moonen, Wood WORKS! BC/Canadian Wood Council
- Connections for Light Wood Frame by MiTek Canada Inc.
- Timber Systems – Past, Present, Future by Sukh Johal, Wood WORKS! BC/Canadian Wood Council
- Mid-Rise 2.0 by Sukh Johal, Wood WORKS! BC/Canadian Wood Council
- Gypsum Wall Systems by CertainTeed Gypsum
- Lumber Grading by John Neels, National Lumber Grades Authority (NLGA)
- And more…
For further details please contact: Sukh Johal, Technical Manager, Wood WORKS! BC / Canadian Wood Council