Wood Design & Construction Solutions Conference – 2-days in Vancouver
Dates: Tuesday, February 28 & Wednesday, March 1, 2017 (2 days)
Time: 7:00am Registration I 7:45am – 3:45pm Exhibit Hall Open I 8:00am – 4:45pm Seminars In Session
Location: Vancouver Convention Centre East, 999 Canada Place *note new location*
Registration: Opening soon!
Replacing the annual Wood Solutions Fair and International Wood Symposium events in Vancouver is the 2-day Wood Design & Construction Solutions Conference event in Vancouver. The WDCSC is dedicated to design and construction with wood and wood products. This two-day educational event, hosted by the Canadian Wood Council and Wood WORKS! BC showcases wood uses in commercial, institutional, industrial and multi-unit residential construction through a trade show and seminars. Earn continuing education credits while learning about the latest industry trends and innovations for designing and building with wood.
With current and compelling themes in architectural and structural design, and topics including fire, durability and sustainability along with an exciting stream of speakers for contractors and builders, you won’t want to miss the learning opportunities at the Wood Design & Construction Solutions Conference!
Why Should You Attend?
- New Seminars – New Speakers –New Exhibitors
- Learn about the newest innovations and trends in wood design and construction
- Earn continuing education credits
- Network and connect with other industry professionals
- Visit the trade show floor and meet face-to-face with knowledgeable industry experts
- Construction focused seminar stream
- Join us for an evening industry networking event
- Interactive exhibit hall with new exhibitors
2015 WSF SPEAKERS & PRESENTATIONS:
The following presentation PDFs have been generously provided by the speakers as reference material to support the presentations given at the fair. Please respect that the material is copyright protected and do not use for purposes other than the intended use without permission of the presenter to whom the slides and copyright belong.
- Cross Laminated Structural Timber in Use – CLT buildings 5 years on, how are they performing? – Sophie A. Campbell, RIBA, BA Arch, Dip Arch, Group Director, Project Leader and Associate, Sheppard Robson Architects, London, England
- Aspen Art Museum – Creating Innovative Wood Structure – Gregory R. Kingsley, PhD, PE, PEng., President and CEO, KL&A Inc. Structural Engineers & Builders,Colorado, USA
- Regional Design with Wood for Educational Facilities Featuring the Cascades Academy of Central Oregon – Dan Petrescu, AIA, LEED Green Associate and Associate, Hennebery Eddy Architects, Portland, OR
- Fire and Safety During Wood-Frame Construction – Len Garis, Fire Chief, City of Surrey, Surrey, BC
- CWC Publications, Software, and Tools – Kevin Rocchi, MASc, E.I.T., Technical Specialist, Canadian Wood Council, Ottawa, ON
- Sound Insulation of Wood-Frame Buildings – André Rioux, Vice President, AcoustiTech, St. Lambert-de-Lauzon, QC
- 2014/15 North American Wood Design Awards – Marianne Berube, Executive Director, Ontario Wood WORKS! / CWC, North Bay, ON; Jim Taggart, FRAIC, Faculty, Architectural Science Degree Program, BCIT and Editor, SABMag, Vancouver, BC
- Mass Timber – Engineering Fabrication and Erection – Lucas Epp, BASc (Hons), Head of Engineering, StructureCraft Builders Inc., Vancouver, BC
- Mass Timber Building Systems: MEC Head Office Case Study – Tanya Lüthi, M.Sc.Eng., P.E., Associate, Fast + Epp Structural Engineers, Vancouver, BC
- Smarter Skins and Building Systems for High Performance Sustainable Buildings – Bob Marshall, P. Eng., LEED A.P., BD+C – Building Science Manager, CertainTeed SAINT-GOBAIN, Mississauga, ON
- Designing Floor Systems with Engineered Wood Joists – Mike Beauchamp, EWP Canadian Sales Manager, Barrette Structural Distribution, Quebec, QC
- The Midrise Wood-Frame Construction Handbook: Overview and Structural Design Aspects – Dr. Marjan Popovski, PhD, P.Eng., Principal Scientist and Quality Manager, Advanced Building Systems, FPInnovations, Vancouver, BC
- Durability by Design – Bill Billups, AScT., Technical Consultant, Canadian Wood Council, Wood WORKS! BC, Penticton, BC
- Timber-based products and systems are here – will the market follow? – Michael Keller, StructE, Sales Director, Züblin Timber Construction, Aichach, Germany
- Engineered Wood Products: Current Design Topics – Jeff Olson, P.E., P.Eng., EWP Technical Services Manager, Boise Cascade Engineered Wood Products, White City, OR
- When Wood is Good: A Contractor’s Perspective – John Boys, President, Nicola Log Works, Merritt, BC and John Davidson, Senior Site Supervisor, Bird Construction, Kelowna, BC
- Heavy Timber: get involved early and do it right! Simple Solutions to Complex Problems – Gordon Macdonald, Managing Director, Macdonald & Lawrence, Cobble Hill, BC
- Timber for the Masses – Liam Dewar, Director, Eurban Limited, London England *note part 1 & 2*
Don’t miss the trade show! Meet industry experts and see the latest innovations and applications for wood products and systems.
Questions? 1-877-929-9663 (ext. 4) or e-mail Zena Caul at email@example.com
Follow us for updates on Twitter @WoodWORKSBC_CWC #WoodWorks
A Canadian Wood Council Event