NEW! Wood Design & Construction Solutions Conference – 2-days in Vancouver
Dates: Tuesday, February 28 & Wednesday, March 1, 2017 (2 days)
Time: 7:00am Registration I 7:45am – 3:45pm Exhibit Hall Open I 8:00am – 4:45pm Seminars In Session
Location: Vancouver Convention Centre East, 999 Canada Place *note new location*
Registration: SAVE THE DATE! Registration opening soon!
The Wood Design & Construction Solutions Conference is dedicated to design and construction with wood products and systems, including mass timber, and replaces the Wood Solutions Fair and International Wood Symposium. This two-day educational event will showcase wood uses in commercial, institutional, industrial and multi-unit residential construction through specifically designed seminar streams, new and current topics and an interactive trade show.
Insights into wood – and ideas for you!
The Wood Design & Construction Solutions Conference is tailored for architects, engineers, builders, contractors, building officials, technologists, planners and developers. New this year, Wood WORKS! BC is partnering with BC Wood Specialties Group and FPInnovations to deliver an expanded program of learning. More than 1,200 design and building professionals will come together to listen and learn; connect and collaborate. This is a conference you won’t want to miss!
Why should you attend? New program. New format. New information and inspiration!
- Learn about the newest innovations and trends in architectural and structural wood design, construction, finishing and building science, including topics such as passive design, transformative building technologies, sustainability, volumetric construction, fire, prefabrication, hybrid opportunities and building resilience
- Connect and collaborate with other industry professionals and international experts
- Visit the trade show/exhibit floor and meet face-to-face with knowledgeable industry suppliers
- Join us for an evening networking event
- Hear innovative and exciting lunchtime keynote speakers
- Earn professional development education credits
Questions? 1-877-929-9663 (ext. 4) or e-mail Zena Caul at email@example.com
Follow us for updates on Twitter @WoodWORKSBC_CWC #WoodWorks
2015 WSF SPEAKERS & PRESENTATIONS:
The following presentation PDFs have been generously provided by the speakers as reference material to support the presentations given at the fair. Please respect that the material is copyright protected and do not use for purposes other than the intended use without permission of the presenter to whom the slides and copyright belong.
- Cross Laminated Structural Timber in Use – CLT buildings 5 years on, how are they performing? – Sophie A. Campbell, RIBA, BA Arch, Dip Arch, Group Director, Project Leader and Associate, Sheppard Robson Architects, London, England
- Aspen Art Museum – Creating Innovative Wood Structure – Gregory R. Kingsley, PhD, PE, PEng., President and CEO, KL&A Inc. Structural Engineers & Builders,Colorado, USA
- Regional Design with Wood for Educational Facilities Featuring the Cascades Academy of Central Oregon – Dan Petrescu, AIA, LEED Green Associate and Associate, Hennebery Eddy Architects, Portland, OR
- Fire and Safety During Wood-Frame Construction – Len Garis, Fire Chief, City of Surrey, Surrey, BC
- CWC Publications, Software, and Tools – Kevin Rocchi, MASc, E.I.T., Technical Specialist, Canadian Wood Council, Ottawa, ON
- Sound Insulation of Wood-Frame Buildings – André Rioux, Vice President, AcoustiTech, St. Lambert-de-Lauzon, QC
- 2014/15 North American Wood Design Awards – Marianne Berube, Executive Director, Ontario Wood WORKS! / CWC, North Bay, ON; Jim Taggart, FRAIC, Faculty, Architectural Science Degree Program, BCIT and Editor, SABMag, Vancouver, BC
- Mass Timber – Engineering Fabrication and Erection – Lucas Epp, BASc (Hons), Head of Engineering, StructureCraft Builders Inc., Vancouver, BC
- Mass Timber Building Systems: MEC Head Office Case Study – Tanya Lüthi, M.Sc.Eng., P.E., Associate, Fast + Epp Structural Engineers, Vancouver, BC
- Smarter Skins and Building Systems for High Performance Sustainable Buildings – Bob Marshall, P. Eng., LEED A.P., BD+C – Building Science Manager, CertainTeed SAINT-GOBAIN, Mississauga, ON
- Designing Floor Systems with Engineered Wood Joists – Mike Beauchamp, EWP Canadian Sales Manager, Barrette Structural Distribution, Quebec, QC
- The Midrise Wood-Frame Construction Handbook: Overview and Structural Design Aspects – Dr. Marjan Popovski, PhD, P.Eng., Principal Scientist and Quality Manager, Advanced Building Systems, FPInnovations, Vancouver, BC
- Durability by Design – Bill Billups, AScT., Technical Consultant, Canadian Wood Council, Wood WORKS! BC, Penticton, BC
- Timber-based products and systems are here – will the market follow? – Michael Keller, StructE, Sales Director, Züblin Timber Construction, Aichach, Germany
- Engineered Wood Products: Current Design Topics – Jeff Olson, P.E., P.Eng., EWP Technical Services Manager, Boise Cascade Engineered Wood Products, White City, OR
- When Wood is Good: A Contractor’s Perspective – John Boys, President, Nicola Log Works, Merritt, BC and John Davidson, Senior Site Supervisor, Bird Construction, Kelowna, BC
- Heavy Timber: get involved early and do it right! Simple Solutions to Complex Problems – Gordon Macdonald, Managing Director, Macdonald & Lawrence, Cobble Hill, BC
- Timber for the Masses – Liam Dewar, Director, Eurban Limited, London England *note part 1 & 2*
A Canadian Wood Council Event