- This event has passed.
Ottawa Wood Conference, 8:00 am
February 21 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST$125
DATE: Thursday, February 21, 2019 (8am – 5pm)
COST: $125 (includes lunch)
VENUE: The Shaw Centre, 55 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, ON
LINK TO EVENTBRITE REGISTRATION: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/ottawa-wood-conference-tickets-53818700181
Ottawa’s premiere wood design and construction event is back for 2019! Dedicated to design and construction with wood and wood products, this one-day event, presented by Ontario Wood WORKS! and the Canadian Wood Council, showcases wood uses in commercial, institutional, industrial and residential construction through educational seminars and an interactive industry trade show. Attend sessions presented by international and Canadian experts and earn up to 6 continuing education credits while learning about the latest industry trends and innovations for designing and building with wood.
- The Arbour – The Growth of Tall Wood in Toronto by Carol Phillips, B.E.S., B.Arch. (U of Waterloo), OAA (BCDS), AIBC, NSAA, SCUP, LEED AP, FRAIC, Partner, Moriyama & Teshima Architects
- How innovation in timber construction has transformed contemporary British Architecture by Harbinder Singh Birdi, BA hons, B Arch, RIBA, Senior Partner, Hawkins\Brown Architects LLP
- Timber Office Buildings: Everything Old is New Again by Cory Zurell, PhD, P. Eng., Principal, Blackwell Structural Engineers
- The Dunrobin Tornado: Lessons learned for wood frame construction by Ghasan Doudak, Ph.D., P.Eng., Associate Professor, Civil Engineering, University of Ottawa; and Robert J. Jonkman, P.Eng. Director Codes and Standards – Structural Engineering, Canadian Wood Council
- Encapsulated Mass Timber: a new construction type for the 2020 National Building Code of Canada by Marc Alam, Technical Specialist – Fire, Codes & Standards, Canadian Wood Council
- Fasteners for Mass Timber: Systems, Characteristics and Behaviour by Max Closen Dipl. Ing (FH), MASc, Technical Advisor, MyTiCon Timber Connectors Inc.
- North American Wood Design Awards: a Showcase of Wood Design Award Winners from 2017-18 byMarianne Berube, Director, Ontario Wood WORKS! and Tim Buhler, Technical Advisor, Ontario Wood WORKS!
- Commercial Wood Construction – Trends and Applications in Northern Europe by Reed Kelterborn,Technical Director, Ontario Wood WORKS!
- Mass Timber, Now and Tomorrow by Dominique Briand, CEO, Structure Fusion Inc.
CLICK HERE for the presentation abstracts.
CLICK HERE for the conference program.
Presentations meet the Structured Learning requirements of the Ontario Association of Architects (OAA) and personalized electronic certificates will be issued following the event. The sessions also offer technical knowledge that members of the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) may consider for their continuing professional development (CPD) needs (at their discretion). Courses may also qualify for other professional development credits. Please contact your professional association regarding course eligibility.
Don’t miss your chance to hear these excellent speakers!
Cancellation Policy: If you register for the event and are unable to attend, cancellations must be made a minimum of five business days before event. A $30 administration fee will be deducted from your refunded registration fee. With less than five business days notice, a refund is not possible. Registration is transferable to another individual. Please advise Sarah Hicks for registration cancellations or updates at firstname.lastname@example.org