Request an Application Package
Register to request an application package for the 2013 Awards submission. A complete package will be emailed to you within one business day.
- Submit all project information in a 8.5 x 11″ binder. We recommend a portfolio binder with attached plastic sleeves inside. A separate binder is required for each entry. There is no limit to the number of projects you may enter.
- Include the contact information form and if applicable the photographer credit form as a cover for your binder submission. Information in the binder should not include firm names, this includes drawings and images.
- There is no charge to enter this competition.
- Please include in your submission package the following items:
1. Contact information and signed photo release form (and if applicable Image credits form)
2. Binder containing Entry form, drawings and 8 x10 images (support material specifications below)
3. CD, DVD or USB that includes all of the above information (support material specifications below)
Support Material Specifications
- Include floor plan, section and elevation sketches to illustrate the design, and a site plan showing the project and surrounding area. Sketches should be reduced to fit flat into the binder. Selected drawing details may be included at your discretion but are not mandatory. In order to ensure anonymity, your firm name should not appear on the drawings.
- Include enough photos of exteriors and interiors to illustrate the project and its design features, and to give the jury a good appreciation of your submission. Photos should be high quality prints. Remodeled projects should include at least one “before” photo. (we recommend a minimum of 8 images for a strong application).
- The Jury finds it helpful to review entries that are clearly and professionally presented. It is in the interest of the participant to prepare a well-organized submission. The binder submissions will not be altered by Wood WORKS! Alberta unless there are firm names included, in that case names will be blacked out before the jury reviews the entry.
- Please include a CD, DVD or USB that includes all the above in electronic format. For publication purposes, supplied photos must be a minimum of 300 dpi, and as large as possible (8×10 minimum); plans, drawings and illustrations should be in vector format wherever possible.
Submitting your Entry Form
Completed entries can be mailed to:
Wood WORKS! Alberta/Prairie Wood Design Awards 2013
900 – 10707 100 Ave
T5J 3M1 Canada
Please contact Barbara Murray at 780-392-0761 if you have any questions.
Images must be sent as hardcopy in the binder submission and in digital format on either USB, CD or DVD.
Applications and support material must be postmarked on or before Saturday, June 15, 2013. New Deadline Tuesday, September 10, 2013.
Applications sent by email or electronically will not be accepted.
- << Prev