- This event has passed.
FOR PROJECT TEAMS: Wood construction costing beyond 2020 – drilling down through details, 7:30 am
March 4, 2020 @ 7:30 am - 4:00 pm PST
Wednesday, March 4, 2020: 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Fairmont Waterfront Hotel – Waterfront Ballroom – 900 Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC V6C 3L5
Registration and light breakfast: 7:30 AM
Workshop starts: 8:30 AM
Lunch: 12 noon
Afternoon presentations: 1:00 – 4:00 PM
Early bird $249 | Regular $299
With BC’s recent early adoption of the 2020 national building code, there will soon be a surge of taller mass timber buildings in planning and construction. As the new code, objectives, innovative systems and construction capabilities advance wood construction, it’s become increasingly important to understand how wood building projects differ in planning, timing and costing. Developers, designers, specifiers, and quantity surveyors recognize that expanding their knowledge about costing has become imperative in order to properly quantify project cost projections to make informed project decisions.
This workshop is tailored to help these sectors understand the differences in pricing wood projects relative to other materials. Experienced professionals will share their knowledge and experience – both successes and challenges which will inform designers, estimators, contractors and developers attending this workshop. This is the first workshop offered by Wood WORKS! BC featuring presenters with extensive experience in wood projects, from concept through detailed estimating and to final assembly.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER IF YOU ARE PART OF A PROJECT TEAM
- Ken King, Director, Hanscomb Quantity Surveyors — Estimating wood structures
- Emily Dawson, Architect, Path Architecture / Kaiser Group — Examining optional systems for a project, including time, labour and material impacts
- Craig Mitchell, Director, Innovative Solutions, Metric Modular — Costing modular construction
- Nick Bevilacqua, P. Eng, Fast + Epp and Ray Wolfe, Architect, thinkspace architecture planning interior design – Mass timber school costing study
- Erica Spiritos, Manager, Swinerton Mass Timber — Preconstruction estimating and critical factors
- John Paone, President, Alfred Horie Construction Co Ltd. — A contractor’s perspective on mass timber project costing
- Lucas Epp, Engineering and 3D Manager, StructureCraft — Estimating large heavy and mass timber projects, including use in international markets
Proud partners: BC Wood, VRCA and ICBA
Photo credits: (plans): Credit: naturally:wood |photographer Paul Alberts (Arbor Media)