- This event has passed.
Wood, Weather, Water, Whatever Webinar, 12:00 am
January 12 - January 14
NEW! Wood, Weather, Water, Whatever Webinar
3 DAYS | 6 OUTSTANDING PRESENTATIONS
Date: Tuesday – Thursday, January 12, 13, 14, 2021
Weather, water and other unexpected events emerge during construction and can affect the construction process, the workers and the overall end-product quality if it is not addressed at the outset. This instructive three-part workshop draws on experts with first-hand experience building with wood in adverse conditions. It brings together manufacturers, installers, a building science engineer and two project managers — all of whom have seen what can go wrong, learned from the experience and addressed how weather challenges can be avoided, damage minimized, mitigated or repaired and, most importantly, avoided in future projects.
Wood WORKS! BC is pleased to announce the presenters:
- Graham Finch, Principal, Senior Building Science Specialist, RDH Building Science Inc.
- Kevin Lankin, Lead Designer, Timmerman Timberworks
- Seth Norris, Wood Specialist, and Patrick Chouinard, Founder, Director of Business Development, Element5 Limited Partnership
- Karla Fraser, Director of Construction, Hive Projects Inc. and Cape Group
- Eben Hamilton, Owner IPD Partnership
- Ralph Austin, President, Seagate Mass Timber
Contractors, installers, project managers, trades, design teams as well as anyone interested in learning how to install and protect mass timber.