Nominations for: 2018 Wood Design Awards in BC – CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF THE 2018 NOMINEES
~ Nominate a deserving architect, engineer or building owner for an innovative and inspiring wood project
~ Celebrate excellence in wood building and design as winners are recognized before their peers, industry leaders and media at the much-anticipated annual awards event at the Vancouver Convention Centre
~ Recognize projects throughout BC – and now internationally with the International Wood Design category
There is no fee required to nominate a project. Nominations are accepted in up to two categories and self-nominations are encouraged. Projects must have been completed in the past 3 years i.e. since December, 2014 and may not be resubmitted to win a second time in the same category. NOMINATIONS CLOSED FOR 2018.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Nominations for the 2019 awards will be open from Monday, October 1, 2018 – Friday, November 23, 2018.
Wood WORKS! BC has an on-line nomination process for the Wood Design Awards. Please read all of these introductory notes before you start your on-line nomination form.
- On-Line Nomination Form: this form is to be submitted using the on-line process (by clicking on the link at the bottom). We suggest that you have your entire text file (contact information for all team members, wood details of project, etc.) prepared in advance, this will allow you to cut-and-paste the details into the form, and complete your nomination in minutes.
- Project Images: a minimum of five and a maximum of ten high quality digital electronic drawings or photos in JPG format ONLY will be uploaded on the site. Please include both portrait and landscape orientations.
Rules and Deadlines
- Projects must have been completed within the last 3 years.
- A project cannot be nominated in more than two project categories except in the instance of the individual categories of Engineer, Architect or Wood Champion. Separate submissions are required for each award category.
- Photos and drawings may not have any name identification on the front of them as they will be viewed by the Jury.
- Digital drawings and photos must be labelled with a file name that includes the award category, nominee, project and number in the series: Example: NameOfCategory_NameOfNominee_NameOfProject_001.jpg. If a project is nominated in more than one category the images must be labelled accordingly.
- Once a nomination is submitted, it becomes the property of Wood WORKS!. Nomination packages, including imagery, will not be returned to the nominees or the submitting party. Wood WORKS! BC reserves the right to use the submitted materials for future Wood Design Awards promotions use.
- Wood WORKS! BC reserves the right to refuse nominations should a submission not meet category requirements.
- All nominations must be received before the due date.
- Nominees will be invited to attend the awards dinner where the winners will be announced on Monday, February 26, 2018 at the Vancouver Convention Centre, West – Level 1
- Recognition is given to the architect/design firm unless otherwise specified in the application.
For further information please contact Zena Carson at 1-877-929-9663 ext.2 or by email