Nominate your project now for the 2018 awards! Deadline Extend to September 14th!
The nomination process is now simplified and online!
Nominate your project HERE
Please note the following rules and regulations:
- Projects must be located in Ontario, Canada. Projects located outside of Ontario will be deleted from the submissions.
- Projects completed within three years of the submission date will be accepted.
- Project can be nominated to only 2 categories maximum so please note the category criteria.
- Residential building will only be accepted in the residential category.
- Wood must be used in structural applications, with the exception of the Interior Design category.
- If photography requires additional credits it is the responsibility of the nominator to provide this information.
- Re submissions are allowed, but only in the year directly following their original submission.
Wood Design Awards
Architects, engineers, developers and other construction industry professionals at the forefront of wood design in Ontario came together to celebrate excellence in wood design at the 17th annual Wood WORKS! Awards night in Toronto on November 2, 2017. The awards program honours people and organizations that, through design excellence, advocacy, and innovation, are advancing the use of wood in all types of construction.
“It is our privilege to celebrate Ontario’s wood design leaders through the Wood Design Award program,” said Marianne Berube, executive director of the Ontario Wood WORKS! program. “Wood is an extraordinary building material, as you can see from the projects that received awards tonight. It is also a sustainable building solution. Design professionals who understand the need for sustainable development are specifying wood products for innovative, environmentally responsible construction. Some of those leaders were recognized tonight.”
Ontario Wood WORKS! presented 12 awards at the event. Ten awards went to specific wood projects and two were given to professionals for contributions to the building industry that advance the case for wood design and construction. Please CLICK HERE for the complete list of award winners.